Thursday, November 15, 2012

Don't miss this: Al Gore's current "Climate Reality Pledge" is a vague, sad, watered-down version of his grand Live Earth Pledge from his glory days back in 2007

The Climate Reality Pledge | Climate Reality
“I pledge my name in support of a better tomorrow, one fueled by clean energy. I demand action from the world’s leaders to work toward developing clean energy solutions. I pledge to demand action from our leaders. And I pledge to share this global promise. By uniting our voices, we have the power to change the world.“
2007:  REID, PELOSI SIGN LIVE EARTH PLEDGE | Live Earth
The pledge as signed by Senator Reid and Speaker Pelosi is below. I PLEDGE: 1. To demand that my country join an international treaty within the next 2 years that cuts global warming pollution by 90% in developed countries and by more than half worldwide in time for the next generation to inherit a healthy earth; 2. To take personal action to help solve the climate crisis by reducing my own CO2 pollution as much as I can and offsetting the rest to become "carbon neutral;" 3. To fight for a moratorium on the construction of any new generating facility that burns coal without the capacity to safely trap and store the CO2; 4. To work for a dramatic increase in the energy efficiency of my home, workplace, school, place of worship, and means of transportation; 5. To fight for laws and policies that expand the use of renewable energy sources and reduce dependence on oil and coal; 6. To plant new trees and to join with others in preserving and protecting forests; and, 7. To buy from businesses and support leaders who share my commitment to solving the climate crisis and building a sustainable, just, and prosperous world for the 21st century.

No comments: